Senior Living in Casey, Iowa
Top zip codes in Casey, IA: 50048
- Casey scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Casey scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Guthrie County Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Willows Assisted Living, Community Care Center, and The New Homestead & Homestead Acres.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 11 golf courses in or around the city, including Five By Eighty Country Club, Guthrie Center Golf Club, and Lake Panorama National Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Casey City Park, Nations Bridge Park, and Mitchell Park.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Adair United Methodist Church, All Saints Church, and First Congregational Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.22% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,196, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,583, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,813, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,350 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,380 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $57,200 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.77%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Casey receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Casey has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Casey has a very sparse population density of 9.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Casey have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Casey has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.21%.