Senior Living in Casselberry, Florida
- Casselberry scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- Casselberry scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orlando South Seminole Hosp, Winter Park Memorial Hospital, and Florida Hospital.
- There are 147 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Eastbrooke Gardens, Garden Spring Manor, and Life Care Center of Altamonte Springs.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 751 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Casselberry Golf Club, Deer Run Country Club, and Tuscawilla Country Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Red Bug Lake Park, Kraft Azalea Garden, and Fort Maitland Park.
- There are 240 churches in or near the city, including Ascension Lutheran Church, St Augustine Church, and Community United Methodist Chr.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 402 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 22 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 192 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.75%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Florida has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,988, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,023, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,547, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,119 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,353 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.95%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Casselberry receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Casselberry has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very poor water quality.
- Casselberry has a dense population density of 4,078.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Casselberry have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Casselberry has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.29%.