Senior Living in Cassopolis, Michigan
Top zip codes in Cassopolis, MI: 49031
- Cassopolis scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- Cassopolis scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Borgess-lee Memorial Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cass County Medical Care Facility, LG\'s Whispering Pines Adult Care, and The Timbers of Cass County.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 56 golf courses in or around the city, including Diamond Lake Golf Course, Park Shore Golf Club, and Four Lakes Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Camp Friedenswald, Elkhart Campground, and Leisure Valley RV Resort & Campground.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Calvary Bible Academy, Harvest Assembly of God, and Holy Maternity of Mary.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,626, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,203, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,223, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.05%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cassopolis receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cassopolis has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cassopolis has a very sparse population density of 68.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cassopolis have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cassopolis has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.01%.