Senior Living in Casstown, Ohio
Top zip codes in Casstown, OH: 45312
- Casstown scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Casstown scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Upper Valley Medical Center and Upper Valley Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Troy Center, Koester Pavilion, and SpringMeade HealthCenter.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Troy Country Club, Sugar Isle Golf Country, and Bottom Course at Cliffside Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Poor Farmer\'s RV Sales, Service and Campground Inc., Treasure Island Park, and Charleston Falls Preserve.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including Troy Baptist Temple-Indepndnt, First Baptist Church, and Alcony Grace Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 33 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.47% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.10% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,944, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,708, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,232 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,763 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.28%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Casstown receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Casstown has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Casstown has a very sparse population density of 52.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Casstown have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Casstown has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.18%.