Senior Living in Castalia, Iowa
Top zip codes in Castalia, IA: 52133
- Castalia scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Castalia scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmer Lutheran Health Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Samaritan Society - Postville, Grand Meadows Glen senior apartments, and Ossian Senior Hospice.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Pleasant Valley Sports Club, West Union Country Club, and Tri-City Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Skip-A-Way RV Park-Campground, Gilbertson Conservation Education Area, and Sampson Springs Campground.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Episcopal Church of Saviour and Apostolic Christian Church).
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.58% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.05% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,023, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,250, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,634, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.93%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castalia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Castalia has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Castalia has a very sparse population density of 12.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castalia have a very short daily commute time.
- Castalia has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.08%.