Senior Living in Castalia, Ohio
Top zip codes in Castalia, OH: 44824
- Castalia scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- Castalia scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Firelands Regional Medical Center, Firelands Community Hospital, and Providence Hospital.
- There are 24 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Lutheran Memorial Home Therapy, The Commons of Providence, and The Commons of Providence.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Keys Public Course, Plum Brook Country Club, and Mills Creek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Camp Sandusky, Crystal Rock Campground, and Homeaway Cedar Point Cottage.
- There are 5 churches in or near the city, including Acorn\'s Ministries, Agape Love Ministries, and Agape Love Ministries.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 36 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 36 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.86% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,522, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,875, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,774, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.26%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castalia receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Castalia has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Castalia has a sparse population density of 163.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castalia have a very short daily commute time.
- Castalia has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.79%.