Senior Living in Castana, Iowa
Top zip codes in Castana, IA: 51010
- Castana scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Castana scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Burgess Health Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Heights, Premier Estates Elmwood Assisted Living, and Elmwood Care Centre.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 12 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Vale Golf Club, Onawa Country Club, and Sloan Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Southwood Conservation Area, Fowler Forest Preserve, and Onawa Memorials / Luken Memorials, Inc..
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Aitken Louis A Rev, Baptist Monona, and United Church of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.81% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,996, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $28,750, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,001, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.75%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castana receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Castana has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Castana has a very sparse population density of 6.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castana have a very long daily commute time.
- Castana has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.91%.