Senior Living in Castile, New York
Top zip codes in Castile, NY: 14427
- Castile scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Castile scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Wyoming County Community Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including East Side Nursing Home, The Cloisters, and Wyoming County Community Hospital S N F.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Acres Golf Course, Woodlynn Hills Golf Course, and Triple Creek Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Woodstream Campsite, Silver Lake State Park, and Rolling Acres Golf Course and Campground.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Baptist Church of Perry, St Patricks Holy Angel Cath Ch, and United Church of Warsaw.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.60% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $51,760, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,359, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $19,798, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.87%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castile receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Castile has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Castile has a very sparse population density of 65.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castile have an average daily commute time.
- Castile has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.95%.