Senior Living in Castle Creek, New York
Top zip codes in Castle Creek, NY: 13744
- Castle Creek scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Castle Creek scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, United Health Services Hospitals, Inc, and Binghamton Psychiatric Center.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, United Methodist Homes, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 92 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Chenango Commons Golf Course, Dimmock Hill Golf Course, and Ely Park Municipal Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Chenango Valley State Park, CFJ Park, and Greenwood County Park.
- There are 59 churches in or near the city, including Castle Creek United Meth Ch, Central Baptist Church, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,563, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,359, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,607, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.97%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castle Creek receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Castle Creek has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Castle Creek has a very sparse population density of 98.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castle Creek have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Castle Creek has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.77%.