Senior Living in Castle Rock, Washington
Top zip codes in Castle Rock, WA: 98611
- Castle Rock scores higher than the Washington average of 68.
- Castle Rock scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Peachealth St John Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Villager Inn, Beacon Hill Rehabilitation, and Cedar Gardens Adult Family Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Golf Green Golf Center, Mint Valley Golf Course, and Longview Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Longview North / Mount St Helens KOA, Toutle River RV Resort, and State of Washington: Seaquest State Park.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Lutheran Church, Apostolic Lutheran Church, and Apostolic Revival Center.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.03% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.91% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,984, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,530, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,391, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,300 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,200 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.00%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castle Rock receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Castle Rock has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Castle Rock has a very sparse population density of 73.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castle Rock have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Castle Rock has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.63%.