Senior Living in Castleton, Vermont
Top zip codes in Castleton, VT: 05735
- Castleton scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Castleton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Rutland Regional Medical Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heather Misty Morn Community Care, Proctor Place Apartments, and Parker House.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 15 golf courses in or around the city, including Prospect Bay Country Club, Lake St. Catherine Country Club, and Proctor-Pittsford Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Vermont State Fair).
- There are 41 churches in or near the city, including First Congragational Church, Faith Community Church, and Cardin Pastor Steven & Pattie.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,719, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $39,914, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,119, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.14%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castleton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Castleton has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Castleton has a sparse population density of 102.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castleton have a short daily commute time.
- Castleton has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.41%.