Senior Living in Castroville, California
Top zip codes in Castroville, CA: 95012
- Castroville scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Castroville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Natividad Medical Center, Watsonville Community Hospital, and Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital.
- There are 44 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Christian Home Care, Costal Care Home, and Brookdale Salinas.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 152 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (15% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Salinas Golf & Country Club, Pajaro Valley Golf Club, and Casserly Par-3 Golf Course.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Salinas River State Beach, Moss Landing State Wildlife Area, and Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve.
- There are 52 churches in or near the city, including Catholic Church Our Ldy-Refuge, Harbor Chapel, and Valley Baptist Church-Salinas.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 195 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 42 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,216, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,858, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $14,978, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,500 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.88%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Castroville receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Castroville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Castroville has an average population density of 691.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Castroville have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Castroville has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 46.33%.