Senior Living in Catasauqua, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Catasauqua, PA: 18032
- Catasauqua scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Catasauqua scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 11 hospitals within close range of the city, including Allentown State Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital, and Lehigh Valley Hospital.
- There are 66 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Silver Manor, Horizon House, and Weston Senior Living Center at Northampton.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 430 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 63 golf courses in or around the city, including Willow Brook Golf Course, Executive Nine Course at Bethlehem Golf Course, and Iron Lakes Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Coplay Cement Kilns, Bicentennial Park, and Covered Bridge Park.
- There are 274 churches in or near the city, including St Lawrence\'s Church, Annunciation Catholic Church, and Holy Trinity Memorial Lutheran.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 193 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 12 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 161 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,529, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,349, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,970, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.61%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catasauqua receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Catasauqua has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Catasauqua has a dense population density of 4,624.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catasauqua have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Catasauqua has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.24%.