Senior Living in Catawba, North Carolina
Top zip codes in Catawba, NC: 28609
- Catawba scores higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- Catawba scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Iredell Memorial Hospital Inc and Lake Norman Regional Medical Center).
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Place Adult Living Center, Wexford House, and United Church Homes and Services.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 144 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Oaks Country Club, Rock Barn Golf and Spa (Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Course at Rock Barn Golf and Spa), and Rock Barn Golf And Spa -North Ridge/South Lakes.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lake Norman State Park, Cross Country Campgrounds, and Lake Norman Motor Coach Resort.
- There are 67 churches in or near the city, including Catawba United Methodist Chr, Redeemer Lutheran Church, and Olivet Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 51 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.64% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- North Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.89%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,799, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,282, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,956, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,559 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,270 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.99%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catawba receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Catawba has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Catawba has a sparse population density of 131.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catawba have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Catawba has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 79.06%.