Senior Living in Catawba, Ohio
Top zip codes in Catawba, OH: 43010
- Catawba scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Catawba scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Springfield Regional Medical Center and Mercy Memorial Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Forest Glen Health Campus, Bluebird Retirement Community, and Brookdale Buck Creek.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 80 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 53 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakes/Woods Course at Indian Springs Golf Club, Northwood Hills Country Club, and Springfield Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Tomorrow Stars RV Resort, Buck Creek State Park, and Cedar Bog Nature Preserve.
- There are 32 churches in or near the city, including Plattsburg United Church, Aites Richard, and St Teresa Catholic Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 34 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,893, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,536, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,120, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,258 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,275 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catawba receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catawba has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Catawba has an average population density of 1,283.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catawba have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Catawba has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.94%.