Senior Living in Catawba, Virginia
Top zip codes in Catawba, VA: 24070
- Catawba scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- Catawba scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Catawba Hospital, Veterans Affairs Med Center, and Lewis-gale Medical Center, Llc.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Richfield, Richfield Recovery and Care Center, and Richfield Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 23 golf courses in or around the city, including Mariners Landing Golf & Country Club, Hanging Rock Golf Club, and Hidden Valley Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including The George Washington and Jefferson National Forests, Dixie Caverns, and Green Hill Park.
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ of Westside, Fellowship Community Church, and Fort Lewis Baptist Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.90%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.54%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $87,286, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,258, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $31,565, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,882 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $100,262 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.71%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catawba receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catawba has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Catawba has a very sparse population density of 23.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catawba have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Catawba has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.49%.