Senior Living in Catawissa, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Catawissa, PA: 17820
- Catawissa scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Catawissa scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Shamokin Area Community Hospital, Bloomsburg Hospital, and Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Geisinger-Bloomsburg Health Care Center, and Brookdale Bloomsburg.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Three Ponds Golf Club, Wolf Hollow Golf Center, and Windsor Heights Public Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Lake Glory Campground, Knoebels Campground, and Indian Head Campground.
- There are 49 churches in or near the city, including Christ United Lutheran Church, First United Methodist Church, and St John\'s Community Church.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.72% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,793, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,326, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,707, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,080 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,425 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,765 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.30%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catawissa receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catawissa has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Catawissa has a very sparse population density of 61.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catawissa have an average daily commute time.
- Catawissa has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.82%.