Senior Living in Catlettsburg, Kentucky
Top zip codes in Catlettsburg, KY: 41129
- Catlettsburg scores higher than the Kentucky average of 75.
- Catlettsburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Huntington Va Medical Center, King\'s Daughters\' Medical Center, and Our Lady Of Bellefonte Hospital.
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Boyd Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Active Day of Ashland, and River\'s Bend Health Care, LLC.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 76.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 97 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Diamond Links Golf Club, Spring Valley Country Club, and Sundowner Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Armco Park, Falls Campground, and Creekside Cabins & RV Park.
- There are 71 churches in or near the city, including Oakland Avenue Baptist Church, Grassland Community Church, and Church of God Catlettsburg.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.39% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Kentucky has an average state income tax of 5.16%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,876, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,029, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,151, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,693 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $79,205 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.82%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catlettsburg receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catlettsburg has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Catlettsburg has a sparse population density of 116.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catlettsburg have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Catlettsburg has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.44%.