Senior Living in Catlin, Illinois
Top zip codes in Catlin, IL: 61817
- Catlin scores higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Catlin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Va Illiana Healthcare System - Danville and Provena United Samaritans Medctr-logan).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gardenview Manor, Colonial Manor, and Bowman Estates.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue Needle Golf Course, Turtle Run Golf Club, and Danville Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Kickapoo State Recreation Area, Harrison Park and Golf Course, and Kennekuk County Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Catlin Church of Christ, St Mary\'s Church, and Westville First Church-Christ.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 25 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.72% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,791, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,022, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,462, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,613 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,629 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catlin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catlin has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Catlin has a very sparse population density of 92.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catlin have a short daily commute time.
- Catlin has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.68%.