Senior Living in Cato, New York
Top zip codes in Cato, NY: 13033
- Cato scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Cato scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowbrook Manor, Golden Legacy Senior Living, and Syracuse Home Association.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Cato Golf Club, Ironwood Golf & Country Club, and Radisson Greens Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Beaver Lake Nature Center and Fair Haven Beach State Park).
- There are 18 churches in or near the city, including Red Creek United Methodist Chr, Our Lady of the Rosary, and Jordan United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,482, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,678, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,597, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.97%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cato receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cato has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cato has a very sparse population density of 57.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cato have a long daily commute time.
- Cato has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.69%.