Senior Living in Catonsville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Catonsville, MD: 21228
- Catonsville scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Catonsville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 30 hospitals within close range of the city, including Spring Grove Hospital Center, Taylor Manor Hospital, and Regional Inst For Children.
- There are 279 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Beechwood Assisted Living, Summit Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Rolling Meadows.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1002 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 90 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Road Golf Club, Forest Park Golf Course, and Diamond Ridge Golf Course -Diamond Ridge.
- There are 19 parks near the city center, including Patapsco Valley State Park, Patapsco Female Institute, and Gwynns Falls.
- There are 791 churches in or near the city, including Morningstar Baptist Church, Catonsville Baptist Church, and Bishop Cummins Memorial Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 641 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 25 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 291 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $89,714, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,893, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,047, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.92%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catonsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catonsville has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Catonsville has a dense population density of 3,069.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catonsville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Catonsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.73%.