Senior Living in Catoosa, Oklahoma
Top zip codes in Catoosa, OK: 74015
- Catoosa scores higher than the Oklahoma average of 74.
- Catoosa scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Brookhaven Hospital, St John Owasso, and Bailey Medical Center, L L C.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Rolling Hills Care Center, Tulsa Assisted Living and Memory Care, and Canoe Brook Community, Assisted Living and Memory Care.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 219 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Hills Golf Club, Cherokee Hills Golf Club, and Gordon Golf Course.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Redbud Valley Nature Preserve, Centennial Park, and Elm Creek Park.
- There are 128 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Woodcrest Freewill Baptist Ch.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 83 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 73 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.58% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Oklahoma has an average state income tax of 4.10%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,954, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,507, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,785, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $64,788 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,858 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.09%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Catoosa receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Catoosa has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Catoosa has a sparse population density of 141.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Catoosa have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Catoosa has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.28%.