Senior Living in Cavendish, Vermont
Top zip codes in Cavendish, VT: 05142
- Cavendish scores higher than the Vermont average of 72.
- Cavendish scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mt Ascutney Hospital, Springfield Hospital, and Springfield Hospital.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gill Odd Fellows Home, Springfield Health and Rehab, and Ascutney House Residential Care Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (36% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Okemo Valley Golf Club, John P. Larkin Country Club, and Crown Point Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Getaway Mountain & Campground, Fish & Wildlife Department, and Running Bear Camping Area.
- There are 29 churches in or near the city, including Gethsemane Episcopal Church, First Congregational Chr, and Perkinsville Community Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.07% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,883, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,286, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,595, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cavendish receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cavendish has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Cavendish has a very sparse population density of 25.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cavendish have a short daily commute time.
- Cavendish has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.21%.