Senior Living in Cavour, South Dakota
Top zip codes in Cavour, SD: 57324
- Cavour scores significantly higher than the South Dakota average of 68.
- Cavour scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Huron Regional Medical Center).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including StoneyBrook Suites Assisted Living, Stoney Brook Suites, and Violet Tschetter Memorial Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 2 golf courses in or around the city (Broadland Creek Golf Course and Kingsbury County Country Club).
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Huron Park Shop, West Water Tower Park, and Huron Parks & Recreation Department.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Christian & Missionary Alliance Church, First Assembly of God, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.42% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 5.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Dakota has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,075, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $65,938, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,649, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,276 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,738 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,578 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.77%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cavour receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Cavour has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cavour has a very sparse population density of 5.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cavour have a short daily commute time.
- Cavour has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.04%.