Senior Living in Cayuga, New York
Top zip codes in Cayuga, NY: 13034
- Cayuga scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Cayuga scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Auburn Memorial Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Seneca Falls Community Residence, Bluefield Manor, and The Commons on St. Anthony.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 43 golf courses in or around the city, including Indian Head Golf Course, Seneca Falls Country Club, and Owasco Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge, Cayuga Lake State Park, and Emerson Park.
- There are 17 churches in or near the city, including United Methodist Church First, Bendig Kathryn F, and Sacred Heart Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.59% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,299, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,156, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,203, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cayuga receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cayuga has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Cayuga has a very sparse population density of 81.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cayuga have an average daily commute time.
- Cayuga has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.03%.