Senior Living in Cecil, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Cecil, PA: 15321
- Cecil scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Cecil scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mayview State Hospital, Canonsburg General Hospital, and Southwood Psychiatric Hospital.
- There are 69 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Meadows of South Hills of Pittsburgh, Country Meadows of South Hills, and Friendship Village of South Hills.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 333 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 101 golf courses in or around the city, including Hickory Heights Golf Club, Linfield National, and Blue/Gold Course at Lindenwood Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Heritage Park, North Strabane Township Park, and Peterswood Park.
- There are 181 churches in or near the city, including St Mary Catholic Church, Holy Rosary Church, and O\'Brien James.
- There are 20 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 139 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 137 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,386, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,618, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,849, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.19%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cecil receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cecil has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Cecil has a dense population density of 1,537.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cecil have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cecil has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.24%.