Senior Living in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Top zip codes in Cedar Falls, IA: 50613
- Cedar Falls scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Cedar Falls scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Sartori Memorial Hospital, Covenant Medical Center, and Allen Memorial Hospital.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Falls Health Care Center, Windsor Specialty Care, and Newaldaya Lifescapes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 113 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Beaver Hills Country Club, Pheasant Ridge Course at Pheasant Ridge, and Washington Park Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Paw Park, Peter Melendy Park, and Ulrich Park.
- There are 86 churches in or near the city, including Catholic Student Ctr, First Baptist Church, and Cedar Heights Baptist.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.00% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,118, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,222, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,291, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,600 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $75,373 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.69%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar Falls receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar Falls has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cedar Falls has a sparse population density of 334.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar Falls have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Cedar Falls has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.93%.