Senior Living in Cedar Hill, Texas
Top zip codes in Cedar Hill, TX: 75104
- Cedar Hill scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Cedar Hill scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Compass Hospital Of Dallas, Cedars Hospital, and Methodist Charlton Medical Center.
- There are 108 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cedar Hill Nursing Home, Crestview Court, and El Shadai Care Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 540 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Thorntree Country Club, Fun City Golf Course, and Tangle Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center at Cedar Hill, Cedar Hill State Park, and Mt. Lebanon Baptist Encampment.
- There are 194 churches in or near the city, including Colonial Hills Baptist, First Baptist Church, and Bethel Baptist Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 236 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 95 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,055, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,834, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,497, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.01%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar Hill receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar Hill has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Cedar Hill has an average population density of 1,160.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar Hill have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Cedar Hill has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.81%.