Senior Living in Cedar Lake, Indiana
Top zip codes in Cedar Lake, IN: 46303
- Cedar Lake scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Cedar Lake scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Franciscan St Margaret Health - Dyer, Franciscan St Anthony Health - Crown Point, and Pinnacle Hospital.
- There are 43 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St Anthony Home - Crown Point, Lowell Healthcare, and Cedar Creek Health Campus.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 271 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 92 golf courses in or around the city, including Cedar Lake Monastery Golf Club, South Shore Country Club, and Cedar Creek Family Golf Center(Executive Course at Cedar Creek Family Golf Center ).
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Cedar Lake Bible Conference, Lemon Lake County Park, and Emerald Trails Campground.
- There are 98 churches in or near the city, including Holy Name Catholic Church, Community Bible Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 87 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 59 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $67,538, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,750, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,667, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.75%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar Lake receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar Lake has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Cedar Lake has an average population density of 514.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar Lake have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cedar Lake has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.68%.