Senior Living in Cedar, Michigan
Top zip codes in Cedar, MI: 49621
- Cedar scores significantly higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- Cedar scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Munson Medical Center).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Maple Valley Nursing Home, Orchard Creek Health Care, and Joy Givers Senior Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 66 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 34 golf courses in or around the city, including North Resort Course at Sugar Loaf Resort, King\'s Challenge At Lakeview Country Club, and Crown Golf Course.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Wild Cherry Resort).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including First Church of Nazarene, Advent Lutheran Church, and All Saints Anglican Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 22 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Michigan has an average state income tax of 3.91%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,186, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,313, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,697, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.78%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cedar has a very sparse population density of 52.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar have an average daily commute time.
- Cedar has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.72%.