Senior Living in Cedar, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Cedar, MN: 55011
- Cedar scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Cedar scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Fairview Lakes Health Services and Anoka-metro Reg Treatment Ctr).
- There are 45 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Arbor Oaks of Andover, Presbyterian Homes and Service, and Dona Caring Heart, Inc..
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 59 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (19% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Viking Meadows Golf Club (Meadows Course at Viking Meadows Golf Club), Hidden Haven Country Club, and Woodland Creek Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Robert and Marilyn Burman WMA, Bethel State Wildlife Management Area, and Gordie Mikkelson WMA.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including Our Saviour\'s Lutheran Church, St Patrick\'s Catholic Church, and St Andrew Lutheran Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $86,765, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $79,847, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,103, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,810 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $94,451 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,860 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.30%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Cedar has a sparse population density of 225.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Cedar has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.77%.