Senior Living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Cedar Rapids scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Cedar Rapids scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (St Lukes Hospital and Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meth-Wick Health Center, UnityPoint Health - St. Luke\'s Living Centers West - , and UnityPoint Health - St. Luke\'s Living Centers West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 164 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 30 golf courses in or around the city, including St. Andrews Golf Club, Elmcrest Country Club, and Cedar Rapids Country Club.
- There are 16 parks near the city center, including Daniels park, Cedar Rapids Parks Department, and Bever Park.
- There are 97 churches in or near the city, including Mt Zion Baptist Church, St Wenceslaus Church, and First Presbyterian Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 52 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 41 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,617, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,488, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,823, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.41%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cedar Rapids receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Cedar Rapids has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cedar Rapids has an average population density of 1,373.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cedar Rapids have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Cedar Rapids has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.90%.