Senior Living in Celeste, Texas
Top zip codes in Celeste, TX: 75423
- Celeste scores lower than the Texas average of 74.
- Celeste scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Leonard Manor, Park Haven Nursing and Rehabilitation, and Briarcliff Health Center of Greenville, Inc..
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Webb Hill Country Club, Wright Park Golf Course, and Oak Creek Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Badlands Motocross Park, Parkhill Prairie, and Farmer Stadium.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, Church of Christ Southside, and Clark Street Christian Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 8 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $60,435, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,257, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,900, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Celeste receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Celeste has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Celeste has a very sparse population density of 36.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Celeste have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Celeste has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.10%.