Senior Living in Celina, Ohio
Top zip codes in Celina, OH: 45822
- Celina scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- Celina scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercer County Joint Township Community Hospital and Joint Township District Memorial Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mercer County Home, Celina Manor, and Miller Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Lakefront Racket & Health Club, Mercer County Elks Country Club, and Northmoor Golf on the Lake.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Celina Recreation Department, Baker Woods, and Kozy Kamp Ground.
- There are 9 churches in or near the city, including Abounding Grace Ministries, Abounding Grace Ministries, and First Church of the Nazarene.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 15 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.88%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Ohio has an average state income tax of 2.51%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,326, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $43,977, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,077, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.26%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Celina receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Celina has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Celina has a sparse population density of 115.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Celina have a very short daily commute time.
- Celina has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.62%.