Senior Living in Celina, Texas
Top zip codes in Celina, TX: 75009
- Celina scores higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Celina scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (The Hospital At Craig Ranch).
- There are 40 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Settlers Ridge Care Center, Eckelberry\'s Elderly Care, and Hilltop Haven Nursing Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (21% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Hurricane Creek Country Club, Tournament Players Club at Craig Ranch, and WestRidge Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Celina Baseball Fields, Erwin Park, and Lighthouse RV Resort Inc.
- There are 15 churches in or near the city, including Bethel Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and First United Methodist Church.
- There are 8 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.33% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.19% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $102,787, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,840, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $33,863, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.98%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Celina receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Celina has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Celina has a very sparse population density of 92.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Celina have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Celina has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.59%.