Senior Living in Center Point, Iowa
Top zip codes in Center Point, IA: 52213
- Center Point scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Center Point scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Virginia Gay Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alburnett Senior Housing, Cedar Valley Ranch, and Emery Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 29 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 27 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Acres Golf Club, Vinton Country Club, and Wildcat Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Fross Park, Palo Marsh Co Park, and Timber Ridge.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including St John\'s Lutheran Church, Center Point United Methodist, and Alice United Methodist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 7 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 9 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,694, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,438, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,430, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.36%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Center Point receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Center Point has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Center Point has a very sparse population density of 58.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Center Point have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Center Point has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.30%.