Senior Living in Centerbrook, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Centerbrook, CT: 06409
- Centerbrook scores higher than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Centerbrook scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 27 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadowbrook Manor, Essex Meadows Health Center, and Essex Village Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 75 golf courses in or around the city, including Black Hall Club, Old Lyme Country Club, and Clinton Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Florence Griswold Museum, Gillette Castle State Park, and Hammonasset Beach State Park.
- There are 48 churches in or near the city, including Easton George W, Our Lady of Sorrows Church, and St John\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 50 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,410, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,969, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,538, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $66,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $160,600 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,008 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,764 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.24%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Centerbrook receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Centerbrook has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Centerbrook has an average population density of 512.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Centerbrook have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Centerbrook has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.66%.