Senior Living in Centerville, Iowa
Top zip codes in Centerville, IA: 52544
- Centerville scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- Centerville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Mercy Medical Center-centerville and Mercy Medical Ctr-centerville).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Golden Age Care Center, Centerville Specialty Care, and The Continental at St. Joseph\'s.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (33% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including Appanoose Country Club, Lake Thunderhead Golf Course, and Unionville Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including US Army Corps of Engineers, Rathburn Camping Area, and Sharon Bluffs State Park.
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including Apostolic Pentecostal, Assembly of God-centerville, and Church of Jesus Christ of LDS.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 9 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.45% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $45,286, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $34,045, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,025, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.14%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Centerville receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Centerville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Centerville has a very sparse population density of 57.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Centerville have a very short daily commute time.
- Centerville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.23%.