Senior Living in Centerville, Indiana
Top zip codes in Centerville, IN: 47330
- Centerville scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- Centerville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Reid Hospital & Health Care Services, Reid Hosp & Hlth Care Services, and Richmond State Hospital.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ambassador Healthcare, Archer Consultation, and Archer Consultation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 48 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Glen Miller Golf Course, Forest Hills Country Club, and Highland Lake Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Manlove Park, Hayes Arboretum, and Richmond KOA.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Abington Christian Church, Pentecostal Church of Richmond, and Lifegate Ministries.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 26 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,732, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,855, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,847, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.07%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Centerville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Centerville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Centerville has a very sparse population density of 96.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Centerville have a short daily commute time.
- Centerville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.79%.