Senior Living in Centerville, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Centerville, MA: 02632
- Centerville scores higher than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Centerville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cape Cod Hospital and Cape Cod Hospital).
- There are 28 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cape Regency Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Harbor Point of Centerville, and Pavilion Rehabilitation and Nursing Center .
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 162 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (39% of residents).
- There are 59 golf courses in or around the city, including Hyannisport Club, Oyster Harbors Club, and Wianno Club.
- There are 13 parks near the city center, including Craigville Beach, The Maple Street Inn, and Lowell Park.
- There are 36 churches in or near the city, including St George Greek Orthodox Chr, South Congregational Church, and Our Lady of Victory Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 79 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 68 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.83% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.65% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $79,563, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $68,473, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,671, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $75,600 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $144,175 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.80%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Centerville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Centerville has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Centerville has an average population density of 1,467.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Centerville have a short daily commute time.
- Centerville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.18%.