Senior Living in Central City, Iowa
Top zip codes in Central City, IA: 52214
- Central City scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- Central City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Jones Regional Medical Center and Jones Regional Medical Center).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Alburnett Senior Housing, Summit Pointe Senior Living Community, and Winslow House Care Center.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 28 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowview Country Club, Olde Indian Creek Country Club, and Hunters Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Pinicon Ridge County Park, Pinicon Ridge Park, and Matsell Bridge.
- There are 27 churches in or near the city, including St Stephen\'s Catholic Chr, United Methodist Church, and St Joseph Catholic Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Iowa has an average state income tax of 4.60%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,180, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,881, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,164, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,253 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,335 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,983 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,205 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.65%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Central City receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Central City has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Central City has a very sparse population density of 32.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Central City have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Central City has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.87%.