Senior Living in Centralia, Washington
Top zip codes in Centralia, WA: 98531
- Centralia scores lower than the Washington average of 68.
- Centralia scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Providence Centralia Hospital).
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Logan Street Manor Adult Family Home, Lander House, and Oakwood Haven Adult Family Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 47 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Centralia Public Golf Course, Newaukum Valley Golf Course(East/West Course at Newaukum Valley Golf Course ), and Riverside Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Stan Hedwall Park, Outback RV Park, and Lael\'s Moon Garden Nursery.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, Chesed V Shalom Ministries, and Pathway Church of God.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 31 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 7 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.30%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Washington has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $48,817, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $36,688, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,103, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $128,235 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,729 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,344 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.18%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Centralia receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Centralia has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Centralia has a sparse population density of 176.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Centralia have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Centralia has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.20%.