Senior Living in Ceredo, West Virginia
Top zip codes in Ceredo, WV: 25507
- Ceredo scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- Ceredo scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 8 hospitals within close range of the city, including Huntington Va Medical Center, King\'s Daughters\' Medical Center, and Our Lady Of Bellefonte Hospital.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including River\'s Bend Health Care, LLC, Heartland of Riverview, and Madison Park.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 191 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (42% of residents).
- There are 18 golf courses in or around the city, including Spring Valley Country Club, Diamond Links Golf Club, and Bellefonte Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Harveytown Park, Ritter Park, and Greater Huntington Park & Recreation District.
- There are 126 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, 20Th Street Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church of Kenova.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 58 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 30 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.02% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- West Virginia has an average state income tax of 4.11%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $31,929, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $23,707, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,372, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $101,653 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,420 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,184 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.75%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ceredo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Ceredo has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Ceredo has an average population density of 1,460.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ceredo have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Ceredo has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 73.18%.