Senior Living in Ceres, California
Top zip codes in Ceres, CA: 95307
- Ceres scores lower than the California average of 71.
- Ceres scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Emanuel Medical Center Inc, Memorial Medical Center, and Stanislaus Surgical Hospital.
- There are 94 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including People\'s Board and Care, Ceres Christian Terrace Apartments, and Patsy\'s Guest Homes.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 185 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (17% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Modesto Creekside Golf Course, River Oaks Golf Course, and Modesto Dryden Park Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Colony Park, Turlock Regional Sports Complex, and Lakewood Memorial Park.
- There are 85 churches in or near the city, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Ceres First United Methodist, and First Southern Baptist Church.
- There are 16 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 191 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $55,580, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,749, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,271, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,094 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,438 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.11%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ceres receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Ceres has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Ceres has an average population density of 1,276.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ceres have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Ceres has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 65.41%.