Senior Living in Cerro Gordo, Illinois
Top zip codes in Cerro Gordo, IL: 61818
- Cerro Gordo scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Cerro Gordo scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (St Marys Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Friendship Hill Retirement Center, Bement Health Care Center, and Glenwood Supportive Living.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 32 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Nelson Park Golf Course, Country Club of Decatur, and South Side Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Allerton Park & Retreat Center, Friends Creek Conservation Area, and Big Creek Park.
- There are 35 churches in or near the city, including Argenta United Methodist Chr, First Baptist Church, and Our Lady of the Holy Spirit.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.18% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,054, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,702, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,188, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.70%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Cerro Gordo receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Cerro Gordo has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Cerro Gordo has a very sparse population density of 40.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Cerro Gordo have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Cerro Gordo has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.05%.