Senior Living in Ceylon, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Ceylon, MN: 56121
- Ceylon scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Ceylon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 9 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Ingleside, Temperance Lake Ridge, and Lakeview Methodist Health Care Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Country Greens Golf Course, Fox Lake Golf Club, and Estherville Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Okamanpeedam State Park, Tuttle Lake County Park, and Dawsons Lakeside Campgrounds.
- There is 1 church in or near the city (Assembly of God Church).
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,709, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,714, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,624, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.65%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Ceylon receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Ceylon has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Ceylon has a very sparse population density of 17.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Ceylon have an average daily commute time.
- Ceylon has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.03%.