Senior Living in Chadron, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Chadron, NE: 69337
- Chadron scores significantly lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Chadron scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Chadron Community Hospital And Health Services and Chadron Community Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city (Crest View Healthcare Community and Prairie Pines Lodge)
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 3 golf courses in or around the city, including Ridgeview Country Club, Legend Buttes Golf Course, and Sand Ridge Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Chadron Motocross, US Forestry Department, and Game & Parks Maintenance.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including St Patrick\'s Church, Church of Christ, and Community of Christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.38% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.61% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $41,006, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $35,000, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,013, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.79%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chadron receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Chadron has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Chadron has a very sparse population density of 10.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chadron have a very short daily commute time.
- Chadron has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.13%.