Senior Living in Chalk Hill, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Chalk Hill, PA: 15421
- Chalk Hill scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Chalk Hill scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Uniontown Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Laurel Ridge Center, Golden LivingCenter - Uniontown, and Haven Rest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (45% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Links Course at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Mount Summit Golf Course, and Duck Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Fort Necessity National Battlefield, Benner\'s Meadow Run Camping &Cabins, and Laurel Caverns.
- There are 39 churches in or near the city, including Hopwood United Methodist, Mt Washington Presbyterian Chr, and St Joan of Arc Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 19 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.49% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.30% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's per capita income is $24,880, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,900 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,960 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chalk Hill receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Chalk Hill has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Chalk Hill has an average population density of 516.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chalk Hill have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Chalk Hill has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.