Senior Living in Challenge, California
Top zip codes in Challenge, CA: 95925
- Challenge scores higher than the California average of 71.
- Challenge scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Oroville Hospital).
- There is 1 senior living facility in close proximity to the city (Lake Wildwood Manor).
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 9 golf courses in or around the city, including Kelly Ridge Country Club, Lake Wildwood Golf Course, and Nevada County Country Club.
- There are 9 parks near the city center, including Emerald Cove Marina Inc, Lake Francis Resort, and Lake of the Springs RV Resort.
- There are 8 churches in or near the city, including Abundant Life, Church of the Nazarene, and Foothill Community Free Meth.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.57% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.75%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- California has an average state income tax of 3.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,895, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $70,472, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $17,775, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $150,836 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,830 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,628 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Challenge receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Challenge has ideal mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and very warm summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Challenge has a very sparse population density of 8.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Challenge have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Challenge has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.64%.