Senior Living in Chalmers, Indiana
Top zip codes in Chalmers, IN: 47929
- Chalmers scores lower than the Indiana average of 74.
- Chalmers scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including White Oak Health Campus, Lakeview Village Senior Living, and Monticello Healthcare.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are no pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex(Ackerman Hills Course at Birck Boilermaker Golf Complex ), Lafayette Elks Country Club, and Edwood Glen Country Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Lost Acres RV Park, Wolf Park, and Caboose Lake Campground.
- There are 4 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Apostolic Christian Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 6 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Indiana has an average state income tax of 3.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,066, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $57,083, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,201, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Chalmers receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Chalmers has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Chalmers has a very sparse population density of 18.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Chalmers have a long daily commute time.
- Chalmers has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.85%.